Since the founding of our firm in 1992, Jingtian & Gongcheng's Capital Markets practice has been one of our core practice areas which continues to move from strength to strength. As one of the earliest domestic law firms approved to provide legal advice in capital markets and securities in China, Jingtian & Gongcheng has advised hundreds of domestic and foreign companies on a vast number of complex and innovative securities transactions listed on international stock exchanges in Frankfurt, Hong Kong, London, New York, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Singapore, South Korea, Sydney, Taiwan, Tokyo, and Toronto.
Due to our outstanding reputation and track record in equity and debt capital markets, our firm has been consistently ranked by Chambers and Partners as a leading law firm in “Capital Markets: Domestic Issuance” and “Capital Markets: Hong Kong and Overseas Issuance.” We continue to receive numerous awards from legal directories such as China Law & Practice and China Business Law Journal as “Best China Law Firm of the Year,” “No. 1 China Law Firm for Chinese Companies IPO on HKEX;” Many of the capital markets transactions, where we acted as issuer's counsel or underwriter's counsel or where we advised as PRC counsel on Mainland China aspects, have been awarded the Best Stock Deal of the Year, Best M&A Deal of the Year, Best Debt and Stock Related Deal of the Year.
Areas of Work
Equity Capital Markets
- Domestic IPO and public offering
- Overseas IPO and public offering (including red chips and direct listing)
- Reorganization and restructuring before public offering
- Private financing before public offering
- Refinancing for public companies (including secondary public offerings and convertible bonds)
- Acquisition, major restructuring, privatization, delisting and re-listing
- Reverse merger in China and abroad
- Share splits and share buybacks for public companies
- Corporate governance and information disclosure for public companies
- Management incentive schemes and ESOP for public companies
- Daily capital market legal support for public companies
Debt Capital Markets
- Domestic issuance
- Foreign issuance
- Exchangeable bonds
- Convertible bonds
- Assets securitization
- Financial bonds
- Short-term financing bill
- Mid-term notes
- SME private debt
- RMB offshore products
"Maintains its top spot in the Hong Kong and overseas issuance market table this year, standing out for its strength in equity and bonds issuances in the Hong Kong and Singapore markets, especially in multicurrency bond matters. Also offers expertise in the domestic market, regularly assisting issuers and underwriters. Has a deep understanding of the variable interest entity (VIE) structure, including the de-listing of VIE-structured companies from overseas markets. Lauded for its industry knowledge in education and healthcare, facilitating the first IPOs for many companies from those sectors. Also serves clients from hi-tech and internet industries."
— Chambers and Partners (2019)
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins 17 Practice Area Recommendations and 28 Individual Recommendations in LEGALBAND 2019 Rankings
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins “2019 LEGALBAND Most influential Law Firm of the Year” and “Overseas Issuance Law Firm of the Year” for 5 Consecutive Years.
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Awarded Best Overall Law Firms and China Business Law Awards in 6 Practice Areas
- Xiaomi IPO Awarded “IFLR 2019 Equity Deal of the year” Awards
- Jingtian & Gongcheng’s Lawyers Ranked by Chambers Global Guide 2019 in Multiple Areas