Whether our clients are evaluating an acquisition, investment or trade deal, or considering further avenues for future growth, tax remains a central component of their business strategy. Jingtian & Gongcheng's Tax practice spans across all major tax categories, including value-added tax, corporate income tax, individual income tax, and international tax treaties. We have also developed a sector focus for numerous industries such as fast-moving consumer goods, manufacturing, financial services, technology, logistics, and health care and life sciences. With our unique combination of market knowledge and technical experience in law, tax and accounting, our Tax Practice provides clients with an integrated platform and multidisciplinary solutions to better meet their tax planning needs.
Over our many years of practice, we have been steadily developed synergistic relationships with numerous domestic and international tax providers. This allows us to deliver cross-border tax services wherever our clients need us. Concurrently, we also retain solid working relationship with tax regulators and government authorities at the national, state, and municipal level, throughout Mainland China. We maintain a current understanding of their preferred working methodologies, which allows us to better protect the tax-related interests and rights of our clients.
Areas of Work
- Providing tax services such as consultation, review and planning on specific issues during daily operations;
- Providing comprehensive tax services in relation to transactions (IPOs, M&A transactions, and outbound investments), which necessitate tax analysis and planning at every milestone. This includes, for example, deal structuring, financing strategy, preliminary due diligence, negotiation and documentation of tax-related terms as the deal progresses, and business integration upon completion of the deal;
- Providing tax planning solutions in connection with asset allocation, estate planning, and related transactions for high net worth individuals and ultra-high net worth individuals;
- Providing tax services on supply chain optimization for enterprises;
- Providing enterprises with transfer pricing services, including designing, documentation and defenses
Providing tax controversy solutions for clients, including communication with tax authorities, representing clients in tax administrative reviews, administrative proceedings, and criminal proceedings.
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Sweeps Up 15 Nominations in ALB 2019 China Law Awards
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in Multiple Practice Areas and Many Lawyers Recognized in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Sweeps Up 18 Nominations in ALB 2018 China Law Awards
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Awarded “Best Overall Law Firm of the Year (China)”
- Jingtian & Gongcheng's Lawyers Ranked by Chambers Asia-Pacific 2015 in 7 Practice Areas