Jingtian & Gongcheng's Japanese Market Services practice provides a full range of legal services to meet the needs particular to Japanese-owned companies investing or operating in China, as well as Chinese companies investing in Japan.
Areas or Work
Our Japanese Market Services lawyers are committed to providing seamless services including:
- Legal advice and ancillary services to Japanese companies investing or operating in China
- Legal advice and ancillary services on tax and daily operations, including contract review, internal control, and daily legal consultation on related issues
- Advising Japanese companies in China on of the various facets of restructuring, bankruptcy and liquidation, including due diligence, participating in compensation negotiation with government, drafting various legal documents, legal services concerning reallocation of employees, and carrying out all liquidation procedures
- Legal advice and services such as deal structure design, due diligence, negotiation, document drafting for Japanese companies pursuing investment and M&A deals in China, and assisting clients in securing government approval and filings related to concentrations of business operators regulated under MOFCOM
- Legal advice and ancillary services to Chinese companies investing in Japan, collaborating and coordinating with Japanese lawyers to complete due diligence, providing legal opinions and guidance on deal structure, participating in negotiations, drafting related documents, and assisting in project delivery
We have established a proven track record in supporting our clients in attaining their specific objectives related to outbound investment in the Japanese market and inbound Japanese investment into China. Our success is determined by our ability to help our clients to achieve their legal objectives, while communicating effectively and efficiently across national cultures, languages, and jurisdictions.