Our Mergers and Acquisitions practice advises domestic and foreign clients across all aspects of buying and selling companies and strategic assets. We regularly act for buyers, sellers, and their financial advisers. Our M&A practice also collaborates closely with other practices across our firm to provide the full range of advice that may be required by our clients, including antitrust and competition, employment and benefits, intellectual property, and tax. We provide comprehensive coverage across China's primary economic centers and we have supported our clients in successfully closing a wide range of complex, high profile deals, often with a cross-border element.
Areas of Work
Our M&A services include:
- Public and Private M&A
- Public and Private Takeovers
- Cross-Border M&A (in connection with foreign investment)
- Spin-offs, Split-Offs, and Carve-Outs
- Tender and Exchange Offers
- Leveraged Buyouts
- Management Buyouts
- Joint Ventures
- Strategic Alliances
- Proxy Contests
- Restructurings and Recapitalizations
- Ancillary Services (including merger control)
As a leading law firm, Jingtian & Gongcheng has in-depth market knowledge across the entire M&A process, including deal models and market norms, along with a thorough understanding of relevant regulatory approval, financial, tax and commercial considerations.
"Thriving practice which handles a variety of corporate transactions ranging from cross-border acquisitions and private equity investments to overseas listings. Experienced in large M&A projects, especially transactions involving complex capital markets aspects. Routinely instructed by clients from an array of sectors including TMT, pharmaceutical, real estate, food production and heavy engineering industries."
—— Chambers and Partners (2019)
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Wins 17 Practice Area Recommendations and 28 Individual Recommendations in LEGALBAND 2019 Rankings
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Awarded Best Overall Law Firms and China Business Law Awards in 6 Practice Areas
- Jingtian & Gongcheng’s Lawyers Ranked by Chambers Global Guide 2019 in Multiple Areas
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in Multiple Practice Areas and Many Lawyers Recognized in Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019
- Jingtian & Gongcheng Ranked in Nine Practices and 21 Lawyers Recognized in Chambers Asia Pacific 2019